Sunday, January 27, 2013

Redo chalkboard.

I love chalkboards. I love chalkboard paint (it amazes me). I love chalk pens. I Hate the way basic wood framed boards look. I've seen some super cool boards on Pinterest. I really like the ones that use ornate picture frames, mirrors or serving trays.
I mean that looks awesome right.
Yes, I want to and fully intend on doing something like this in the future. For now I just wanted to remake the chalk board I already had.
I gathered some Items I already had to complete this project.

Materials:
Jute
Leftover fabric
Burlap


So here's what I did. I started by ripping the fabric into 2 inch strips and tied them end to end until I had about 9 feet. (I did this 3 times) I then braided the 3 strands together.
Cut my jute and burlap to match the length of the braided fabric. And finished up by braiding all 3 materials together.
Once that was done I set the braid aside and covered the brown frame with fabric using hot glue. You could also paint the frame (this would be easier).
After the ugly brown frame was covered I hot glued the braid to it starting at one corner. Once finished I placed some fabric flowers over my start/stop point and hung it up. Easy peasy!


3 comments:

  1. Great thrifty remake! I'd love it if you stopped by and linked up at Thrifty to Nifty Thursdays at A Jennuine Life. http://ajennuinelife.blogspot.com/2013/01/thrifty-to-nifty-thursdays-4.html

    ReplyDelete